Wednesday, April 9, 2008

"So He Won't Break"

Well, now that they've released a new album, I have an excuse to post about them. I found out about The Black Keys in high school, through my American history teacher. At first, it was just "Oh, just another band." But then I get more of their albums. By the time their CD last Magic Potion dropped, I was hooked. Their brand of garage band, grungy blues/folk music is enamoring.



Their newest CD is a cleaner effort than their last, the result of actually being recorded in a studio (one album, Rubber Factory, was done in one day in a garage). They also teamed up with Danger Mouse of Gnarls Barkley fame for the production side of things. But really, having already listened to the album about 7 times through, it's the same dirty sound, same soulful lyrics.

And I like it.

The Black Keys - Attack & Release



The Black Keys - Attack & Release

0 comments: