Monday, April 7, 2008

"Doing Fine"

I'm staying busy at work (until 12AM...), but I just wanted to pop up with something you might not have yet. I originally grabbed this album just for the alternate version of "Homecoming", called "Home" and featuring John Legend instead of Chris Martin. Yes, I like "Home" better, it has the same lyrics from Kanye, but it has a completely different feel to it. Definitely more soulful, and I think it fits well with the subject matter. I read something about a Patti LaBelle sample, but whatever it is, it works.

The rest of the album was gonna be a passover for me, but if you just let it ride, you'll hear some of your favorite lyrics and verses, to either a slightly different beat, or a completely different one. "Self Conscious" is a perfect example, sampling lyrics from "All Falls Down". If you actually listened to "Last Call" from College Dropout, "Wow" makes an appearance here.

Kanye West - Freshment Adjustment



Kanye West - Freshment Adjustment

0 comments: