Sunday, June 22, 2008

Bounce That

This is a Girl Talk post. Girl Talk is one of my favorite artists of ANY genre, period. I think it sucks now that I can't remember where I got my first couple of Greg Gillis' songs, but I remember being in awe of his mash-up ability. Maybe it was just the music nerd in me, that loves to be like, "Ooo, I know where he got that background beat from!" or, "I know that melody!". Whatever it is, it got had fiending for more. I only had maybe two songs from his newest album at the time (Night Ripper), but I ordered the album online on the strength of those songs alone.

I was not disappointed at all, the album is heat rock. I play it regularly to this day. And most times when I listen to it, I play the entire thing. By it's nature, as a mash-up CD with many different song blended together, it's cohesive, but it seems like it's more than that.

All that to say that I've been waiting on a new Girl Talk album, and on Friday he finally delivered. It's a bit different than Night Ripper, but I'm on my third listen, and while it's a bit slower/choppier, I can still jam out to it.

And that's all I need.

Girl Talk - Feed The Animals
Photobucket
Girl Talk - Feed The Animals

Definitely grab this one also if you don't have it: Girl Talk - Night Ripper
Photobucket

0 comments: